With this vendor-specific certification, IT pros can provide end-user support for Cisco products and services. CCNA can also help prepare technicians for jobs such as IT support specialist, network specialist and network engineer. The Robert Half Blog listed CompTIA A+ among the 29 most valuable IT certifications. This foundational IT certification covers skills related to troubleshooting, cybersecurity, mobile devices, operating systems, virtualization, the cloud, software and more.
Microsoft certifications are vendor specific and can help prepare IT pros to work with Microsoft equipment and software. The 60-minute exam contains 40 multiple-choice questions, with a minimum score of 65 percent required to pass. The Apple Certified Support Professional is also an excellent starting certification for moving deeper into the Apple space, as it’s a prerequisite to earning the Apple Certified IT Professional certification. As Apple devices become more common in enterprise environments, demand for Apple knowledge may also increase.
Expert Tips for Conflict Management for Every Personality Type
When a course is complete, reps receive credible certifications symbolizing their mastery of help desk software. This course is formatted into a two-hour instructional video followed by a final exam. What’s great about this setup is that you can access the video on a TV or mobile device. That way, participants can take the training home with them and complete it outside of work.
- Once you have completed your coursework or self-study program, you will need to register for and pass the official ITIL Foundation exam in order to become certified.
- CompTIA is here to help you every step of way in earning the best IT support certification for you.Learn more here.
By allowing your organization to formally assess the capability of your IT service and support function through our thorough auditing process you are able to identify areas and methods for improvement. It challenges you to look afresh at your IT service operation, examining what you deliver and how. This article provides an overview of the top certifications available for help desk agents to help them advance their careers. The cost of the HDI-CSR certification program varies depending on location and other factors, but typically ranges from $1,000 to $2,000 USD. The cost of the CompTIA A+ certification varies depending on where you take the exam. Generally speaking, it costs around $200 per exam or $400 for both exams.
HDI Certification Courses: Help Desk Training and Service Desk Training
This help desk certification training is an online program that concentrates on building one’s career. It trains on fundamental knowledge for a career in the IT and customer relations. It elaborates on threats common to devices, and how best to keep information safe. A customer expects nothing less than this as a client, and thus, must be taught as serious. Finally, the trainee should understand the clear difference between competition and a customer with feedback.
- They help support business end-users and make sure that the enterprise technology that organisations rely on to do business remains up-to-date and runs as consistently and smoothly as it should.
- This opens up additional pathways to help learners get the degree they need to move beyond the entry-level job and advance their IT career into more senior, higher-paying positions.
- With a certification, employers will recognize your dedication to improving your skillset, which may lead to additional opportunities within the organization.
- Additionally, product-centric companies have their own dedicated Technical Support and Help Desk teams to help customers of their products with after-sales concerns and services.
- This is a 10 lecture course designed for training those who wish to move to IT Support or customer service roles.
Apple Certified Support Professional is an Apple certification program designed to help IT professionals develop the skills and knowledge necessary to provide technical support for Apple products. The ACSP certification is a professional-level certification that demonstrates a person’s ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues with Mac computers, iPhones, iPads, Apple TVs, and other https://remotemode.net/ Apple devices. First, they demonstrate to employers that an individual has the knowledge and skills necessary to perform successfully in the role. Certifications also provide assurance that an individual is up-to-date on industry best practices and standards. Finally, certifications can help differentiate job seekers from their competition, allowing them to stand out in a crowded job market.
Microsoft MTA Certifications
Detail oriented with excellent organizational, problem solving and risk management skills. Links to free, self-paced training and fee-based instructor-led training, and on-demand learning are available on the certification web page. If you’re considering parlaying a technical position like a help-desk job into a career in IT management, it’s essential to work on help desk certifications your organizational, project management and people skills. Of all the help-desk certifications we’re highlighting, HDI’s offerings are probably the best-known and most respected of their kind in the industry. Anyone interested in career advancement in this fast-growing area of IT should dig into HDI’s certification credentials, especially at management levels.
- According to a CompTIA study, 91% of employers believe IT certifications both play a key role in the hiring process and act as a reliable predictor of a successful employee.
- Whether you want to pursue computer networking or IT security, CompTIA Network+ is a must for building foundational skills.
- To get CompTIA Network+, you will need to register for the exam with CompTIA.
- The exam takes approximately two hours to complete and must be taken at a Pearson VUE testing center.
- This article provides an overview of the top certifications for help desk specialists, including their benefits and requirements.
- Prerequisites include CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network+ certifications, along with 12 months of Linux admin experience.
- If you are not ready to pass the certification program but still want to improve your skills, these online courses may help.